JOB TITLE: Development Coordinator
REPORTS TO: VP of Development
SUPERVISORY POSITION: No
The Development Coordinator reports to the Vice President of Development as a member of the Development Team. The Development Coordinator works closely with underwriting clients to coordinate collection of media elements and approval of all announcements and ads. This position assists with all fundraising events, major donor research and planning, and coordinating fundraising campaigns. The Development Department is charged with the local fund raising activities for the station.
- Liaisons between sponsorship clients and KNPB production team
- Helps organize membership, Silver Circle and planned giving events, working with Content and Marketing Coordinator.
- Handles confidential information with discretion and precision
- Assists in collecting all media elements for on-air announcements, web and guide ads
- Inside sales for Corporate Support, Aged to Perfection Gala, and other station events
- Assists with proposals for major donors, new sponsorship clients, Aged to Perfection Gala, and other station events
- Reconciles and reviews monthly underwriting affidavits
- Promotes station sponsorship opportunities when in the community
- Maintains and updates the donor and sponsor databases
- Assists with all development activities as needed
- Performs individual prospect research for major donors
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
College degree or equivalent. Experience in non-profit fundraising strongly preferred. Administrative support experience a plus. Strong written, verbal, and phone communications skills are required.