JOB TITLE: Education Services Associate
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Education
SUPERVISORY POSITION: No
Based in Reno, Nevada, KNPB broadcasts to more than 115,000 residents of Northern Nevada and Northeastern California every week and KNPB Education Services reaches more than 58,000 students across our viewing area with in-person education services. KNPB has a collaborative, positive and driven work environment. We are a team dedicated to furthering public media and increasing education opportunities for students throughout our viewing area. KNPB offers competitive pay and benefits, maternity leave, a retirement plan, and rewarding work that contributes to the betterment of our community.
The Education Services Associate helps with the organization, creation, and maintenance of materials in the office on a day-to-day basis, along with answering phones, helping with communications and data management. Primarily, the Education Services Associate will work on major department projects ie. training videos for the Ready To Learn facilitators and the organization/facilitation of the KNPB PBS Writers Contest. Other projects, as assigned, may be added to the workload including ones that benefit other KNPB departments.
The Education Associate reports to the VP of Education and works closely with the Director of Education and the Education Assistant on most tasks. We are a team that continuously works to increase awareness of the Education department and to expand its services by putting forth a positive perspective and passion for PBS and all of the Education Department deliverables: KNPB PBS Writers Contest, Martha Speaks Reading Buddies, PreK-4th grade Ready To Learn, Family Engagement, STEAM Career Connections, and PBS LearningMedia.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to speak about all of KNPB’s educational opportunities for students, be good at writing reports and scheduling, maintains clear records, and conducts themselves in a professional manner in the general public and in the schools when representing KNPB. The Education Associate possesses positive interpersonal skills, is flexible with tasks, and doesn’t hesitate to ask questions for direction or clarification as needed.
- Understands and supports the KNPB PBS Writers Contest, Martha Speaks Reading Buddies, PreK-4th grade Ready To Learn, Family Engagement, STEAM Career Connections, and PBS LearningMedia
- Organizes and facilitates the annual KNPB PBS Writers Contest under the direction of the Director of Education
- Maintains clear records
- Writes reports using data from Education Services deliverables
- Videotapes workshops in the schools and edits them to create short training clips to assist our facilitators with workshop delivery
- Assists the VP of Education, the Director of Education and the Education Assistant on a variety of tasks for the betterment of the department.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A High School diploma is required. College credit and/or degree is preferred (an equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered).
- Passion for public media is required
- Basic office experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience with videography and editing is mandatory
- Strong organizational skills
- Positive communication skills
- Time management skills