Title: Development Coordinator
Reports to: VP of Development
Supervisory Position: No
This is an exciting opportunity to work on the cutting edge of public media development. At PBS Reno, the Development Coordinator strengthens our connection to our generous supporters and brings new members into the organization. From developing new on-air fundraising strategies to creating local events for our members, this job has opportunities to grow both creatively and as a leader. We encourage applicants from multiple backgrounds including marketing, broadcast television, non-profit fundraising or development.
PBS Reno is top ten in the country in the number of members and the depth of their support each year (on a per-capita basis). Our team provides a supportive, collaborative environment, and we have high expectations of ourselves and each other. As we continue to grow, we seek a leader that will offer new ideas and a high level of execution to the decades of experience and trust at our station.
The Development Coordinator reports to the Vice President of Development as a member of the Development Team. The Development Coordinator works closely with underwriting clients to coordinate collection of media elements and approval of all announcements and ads. This position assists with all fundraising events, major donor research and planning, and coordinating fundraising campaigns. The Development Department is charged with the local fund raising activities for the station.
- Liaisons between sponsorship clients and PBS Reno production team
- Helps organize membership, Silver Circle and planned giving events
- Handles confidential information with discretion and precision
- Collects all media elements for on-air announcements, web and guide ads
- Writes scripts for underwriting clients in conjunction with production department
- Assists with inside sales for Corporate Support, Aged to Perfection Gala, and other station events
- Input and generate acknowledgments for major gifts
- Assists with proposals for major donors, new sponsorship clients, Aged to Perfection Gala, and other station events
- Reconciles and reviews monthly underwriting affidavits
- Promotes station sponsorship opportunities when out on in the community
- Maintains and updates the donor and sponsor databases
- Assists with all development activities as needed
- Performs individual prospect research for major donors
- Audience research through tools including TRAC and Nielsen
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
College degree or equivalent. Experience in non-profit fundraising strongly preferred. Administrative support experience a plus. Strong written, verbal, and phone communications skills are required.
PBS Reno is an equal opportunity employer.
PBS Reno is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for job applicants and employees, regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status in accordance with applicable state and federal laws. All actions affecting personnel are administered in accordance with applicable laws.
PBS Reno is further committed to a goal that the make-up of its workforce, Board of Trustees and Community Advisory Board shall reflect the ethnic diversity of the community it serves.