Title: Director of Membership
Reports to: VP of Development
Supervisory Position: Yes
This is an exciting opportunity to work on the cutting edge of public media development. At PBS Reno, the Director of Membership strengthens our connection to our generous supporters and brings new members into the organization. From developing new on-air fundraising strategies to creating local events for our members, this job has opportunities to grow both creatively and as a leader. We encourage applicants from multiple backgrounds including marketing, broadcast television, nonprofit fundraising or development. PBS Reno is top ten in the country in the number of members and the depth of their support each year (on a per-capita basis). Our team provides a supportive, collaborative environment, and we have high expectations of ourselves and each other. As we continue to grow, we seek a leader that will offer new ideas and a high level of execution to the decades of experience and trust at our station.
- Provides leadership and oversight for the Membership Department. Directly supervises Membership Representative.
- Leads efforts to grow membership and acquire new members.
- With broadcast department, coordinates on-air fundraising efforts, reports on results, and makes evidence-based recommendations for on-air fundraising programming.
- With marketing and art department, coordinates social media campaigns
- With marketing and broadcast department, coordinates membership messaging with earned, paid, and trade media partners
- Supervises and assesses efficacy of partnership with CDP Member Services Bureau. Works with CDP to plan donor communications. Reports monthly on financial outcomes, revenue and expenses, and key performance indicators.
- Develops and executes events, often with third parties, for use in member acquisition and on-air fundraising.
- Identify opportunities for major giving, corporate, and foundation collaboration with the development department and member base.
- Experiments with new ideas and strategies. Tracks results.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Passion for public media and improving our community.
- Self-starter who thrives in a collaborative, team environment.
- Minimum of three years demonstrated success in marketing, non-profit fundraising, or sales.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Experience in supervisory roles and with face-to-face donor or client communication strongly preferred.
- Willingness to participate in performance assessment based on agreed-upon, objective key performance indicators.
- Experience developing and successfully managing a budget.
- Demonstrated ability to manage fundraising or marketing campaigns, evaluate campaign results, and report to key stakeholders. Direct mail and digital campaign experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms.
- Demonstrated success in leading, assisting, and supervising staff and volunteers for special events and day-to-day operations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience. Must have strong, demonstrable skills in excel and word. Salesforce experience, especially in NGOC is a plus.
Supervises Membership Representative
PBS Reno is an equal opportunity employer.
PBS Reno is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for job applicants and employees, regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status in accordance with applicable state and federal laws. All actions affecting personnel are administered in accordance with applicable laws.
PBS Reno is further committed to a goal that the make-up of its workforce, Board of Trustees and Community Advisory Board shall reflect the ethnic diversity of the community it serves.