Title: Building Maintenance & Engineering Assistant
Reports to: VP of Technology
Supervisory Position: No
Janitorial work to keep the building neat and clean inside and out. Performing cleaning tasks not covered by the UNR Janitorial staff. Perform maintenance tasks making small repairs and painting to keep the building looking as good as possible. Move and set up furniture and equipment as needed. Assist Engineering staff with equipment installation and removal.
- Routine support of engineering staff
- Check daily with the front office to find out if the community room furniture needs to be reconfigured or moved.
- Occasionally inspect furniture in the Community room to see if it needs cleaning or repair.
- Touch up painting throughout the building – ensuring that all paint matches.
- Patrol daily the grounds on all sides of the building and the parking lot – pick up trash.
Occasionally sweep and/or wash down patios – front and back.
- Work with Engineering staff to clean up garage, mezzanine & storage areas
- Weekly empty recycling receptacles from offices & common spaces into the large blue recycling bins.
- Wipe down kitchen and break room surfaces weekly. Clean microwave ovens as needed.
- Provide full janitorial coverage when UNR janitorial is not available.
This includes emptying building trash containers in the outside dumpster.
- Assist Engineering staff with installing and removing cabling and equipment.
- Vacuum technical areas & equipment filters to keep dust and dirt at a minimum in the technical areas.
- Run occasional errands for PBS Reno staff for business related tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned when requested.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
- Willingness to learn new skills and use hand tools.
- Driver’s license and good driving record.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with extreme accuracy.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PBS Reno is an equal opportunity employer.
PBS Reno is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for job applicants and employees, regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status in accordance with applicable state and federal laws. All actions affecting personnel are administered in accordance with applicable laws.
PBS Reno is further committed to a goal that the make-up of its workforce, Board of Trustees and Community Advisory Board shall reflect the ethnic diversity of the community it serves.