Return to PBS Reno Jobs page
Title: Executive Assistant & Board Liaison
Reports to: VP of Administration
Supervisory Position: No
The Executive Assistant & Board Liaison at PBS Reno provides support and assistance for the CEO, Board of Trustees and senior staff. They also help with daily office operations and work closely with VP of Administration in monitoring clerical functions of the office.
President and CEO
- Provides clerical and phone support for the CEO by monitoring, screening, and responding to and distributing incoming communications. Also assists guests/clients of CEO.
- Creates, formats, prints and mails outgoing correspondence for CEO.
- Maintains filing systems for CEO including creating purchase orders and travel expense filing.
- Manages and maintains schedule, appointments and travel arrangements for CEO.
- Attending weekly Senior Managers meetings and takes minutes.
- Assists with scheduling meetings, RSVPs and any preparation for engagements involving Senior Management.
Board of Trustees Liaison
- Provides clerical support to the Board of Trustees as requested.
- Works and communicates with a diverse group of people, including the Board of Trustees, donors, volunteers, the public and other staff.
- Executive Committee Meetings:
- Schedules and sends reminders to confirm attendance of Executive committee meetings in addition to other committee meetings.
- Prepares all materials for Board Executive Committee meetings.
- Other committee meetings:
- Prepares agenda for committee meetings and sends to Committee Chair and appropriate senior manager for approval. Then distributes to the rest of the committee.
- Prepares packets for attendees and any needed prep in the conference room (refreshments, snacks etc.).
- Attends committee meetings and takes minutes, then to Chair, Senior Manager and/or CEO for approval.
- Board Meeting:
- Coordinates Board meeting by preparing agenda and sending it to CEO and Board Chair for approval. Send it to Board members and confirm attendance. Prepare Board member packets prior to each Board meeting ensuring that they include all materials as indicated by CEO, Board and Senior Managers.
- Set room with appropriate number of chairs, refreshments etc.
- Attends Board meetings to record the minutes and provide any needed assistance for CEO, Board and Senior Managers. Upon completion, the minutes are approved by the CEO and Board Chair and are distributed with any material handed out at the meeting. They are filed along the handouts in a public folder as required by the FCC.
- Ensures all Board and Committee contact, and affiliation lists are up to date and distributed accordingly.
- Updates SalesForce with Board contact information, notifies programming with Board member changes and updates the PBS Reno website and Outlook contacts.
- Maintains list of Board member birthdays and provides reminders to the Board Chair and CEO.
- Updates and distributes term summary list to the Board Chair prior to recruitment. Prepares and distributes Board Recruitment Packets. Sets appointments and prepares all materials for orientation of all new Board members.
General Office Duties:
- Provides backup for Administrative Assistant by greeting guests, answering phones and directing guests and calls to the appropriate individual or department. Also provides backup for preparation of daily deposit, community and conference room calendar scheduling.
- Coordinates and maintains schedules for any station-wide interns.
- proactive and ability to multi-task and prioritize. Meets deadlines, is punctual, reliable in attendance within normal business hours.
- Self-starter, independent and hardworking, highly organized.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate current computer experience in Word including mail merging, Excel, Outlook, navigating the Internet and various social networking sites. Knowledge of standard office equipment including copiers, fax and postage machines.
- Professional appearance and communication skills in person and on the phone.
- Ability to maintain high levels of discretion and confidentiality.
- Proven experience as an Executive Assistant and or other administrative positions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
PBS Reno is an equal opportunity employer.
PBS Reno is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for job applicants and employees, regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status in accordance with applicable state and federal laws. All actions affecting personnel are administered in accordance with applicable laws.
PBS Reno is further committed to a goal that the make-up of its workforce, Board of Trustees and Community Advisory Board shall reflect the ethnic diversity of the community it serves.